Thursday, January 15, 2015

Psychology Major Emily Embrescia Has Research Published

 
by Emily Embrescia

I am a research assistant for the head of the Psychology department, Dr. Metzger. Last year we worked on a project involving memory and BMI. I got to run sessions for him and enter the data from
the materials we used. Just this past week he was in California presenting our work at a conference. I am now a published researcher! 
    

The Psychology department has a lot of opportunities for students to help out with ongoing research projects or even create and run our very own original research! In my advanced research course I have developed my own study looking into how well introverts and extroverts perform on face memory tests. I got HSRB (Human Subject Review Board) approval, learned how to use media lab, ran over 70 participants, and submitted my abstract to a conference in Chicago!    

All of this experience is going to help me out so much in the future because I ultimately want to earn a degree in Experimental Psychology. If it were not for the Psych department here at Ashland I would not have all of these opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment