Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Sigma Tau Delta Host Writing Workshop for Girl Scouts

Sigma Tau Delta members invited local Girl Scouts to campus for a writing workshop during which participants engaged in story-telling and collaborative writing. Nine young writers were in attendance to hone their creative skills.

Senior Integrated Language Arts (ILA) major Zoe Jenkins reflects that "This event was meaningful to me because I will be teaching students how to write someday. Even though these girls were much younger than the students I will teach, it was rewarding to see how excited they were to write. Their responses were really creative." 

Junior Creative Writing and English major Emily Beaver, who also helped facilitate the event, had this to share: "As an English major, this event was meaningful to me because when I was their age, I was always writing or drawing stories. I loved having the opportunity to be included in their excitement for writing and to even feel like a child again." Asked what the most memorable thing about the workshop was for her, Beaver replied that it was "seeing how enthusiastic the girls were while they were writing and sharing their stories."

No comments:

Post a Comment